According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), motorcycle riders are about 29 times more likely than motorists in cars to die in a traffic accident. Additionally, Florida is in the top 10 states for the highest motorcycle accident fatalities. While motorcycle enthusiasts understand the joy of cruising the open roads, these statistics underscore the dangers of riding a motorcycle. If you’re in a motorcycle accident, it’s important to choose the right lawyer to help with your personal injury claim.
How to Choose a Motorcycle Lawyer
If you suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident, choosing the right lawyer for your personal injury claim can be a challenge. Finding someone who’s skilled and experienced can make a huge difference in the outcome of your claim and affect the amount of compensation you receive. When looking for a motorcycle accident attorney, you should consider the following:
- Experience. It’s important to find an attorney who not only handles motorcycle accident personal injury claims, but also knows how to investigate the accident scene and build a case from the evidence. Attorney Coy Browning is a former state trooper with decades of experience investigating motorcycle accidents.
- References. You can talk to family members or friends who have been involved in a motorcycle accident and ask for an attorney recommendation.
- Case results and testimonials. You can review attorney case results to learn what other motorcycle accident victims received for compensation. Read client testimonials to see how satisfied other clients have been with their attorney experience.
- What they have to offer. Many motorcycle accident attorneys provide a free initial consultation. This gives you an opportunity to learn more about what the attorney has to offer and if they are the right fit for your needs.
- Your gut feeling. When you meet with an attorney, you should go with your gut feeling. You may feel more comfortable with one attorney over another.
- Fee policy. Some attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. This means, there is no fee unless they are able to settle your claim or win your case. Typically, an attorney will be paid a percentage from your settlement or jury award. You should discuss the fee policy, so you understand it before hiring them.
How an Attorney Can Help
When you hire an attorney after being injured in a motorcycle accident, they will fight for your fair compensation. It’s possible to be compensated for:
- Loss of income or future income
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
Contact Browning Law Firm
As a former state trooper, Attorney Coy Browning has been at the scene of many crashes and understands the severity of motorcycle accident injuries. If you’re involved in a motorcycle crash, he will help protect your right to pursue damages and fight to get you the compensation you deserve. Contact us for a free, no obligation consultation. To schedule an appointment, fill out our online contact form, or call us today.