A criminal charge can follow you for the rest of your life. Even if you are able to cope with jail time or steep fines, a criminal record will affect every aspect of your future—your job prospects, the ability to drive or own a firearm, and your personal relationships and reputation. The only way you can prevent long-lasting damage is to have your rights defended by an experienced and effective defense attorney.
We Can Help with a Wide Variety of Criminal Offenses in Florida
Our founding attorney Coy H. Browning is a former Florida State Trooper, making him the ideal criminal defense attorney for felony and misdemeanor cases. If you were arrested and charged with a crime on the Emerald Coast or Northwest Florida, contact us today by calling (850) 344-1736 for a FREE review of your case.
We defend clients against a wide range of misdemeanor and felony charges, including:
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI). Attorney Coy H. Browning knows firsthand the rules and regulations police officers must follow when pulling someone over for DUI. If you have been charged with drunk driving, we can determine whether your rights were violated during arrest and work to refute or reduce the charges against you.
- Drug Possession. Possession of marijuana, methamphetamine, cocaine, LSD, heroin, and other illegal drugs may be charged as felony crimes with penalties that include long prison sentences and thousands of dollars in fines. We advocate for defendants found with narcotics, prescription medications (such as Xanax or Oxycodone), and other controlled substances in their homes and vehicles.
- Assault & Battery. Any physical act that has the ability to inflict bodily harm, or places an alleged victim in reasonable fear of bodily harm, could result in charges of assault. You may be charged with assault even if the alleged victim is not seriously injured, or has made a false or vindictive claim against you.
- Domestic Violence. If you are accused of assault against a family member, you can be charged with domestic violence. If convicted, you may permanently lose the right to obtain or keep firearms, be ordered to leave your home, and have only minimal contact with your partner and children. We can build a defense that protects your reputation and your gun rights.
- Theft. Theft charges can range from misdemeanor shoplifting to burglary and armed robbery, and can carry a wide array of consequences depending on the details of the offense. We will do all we can to minimize your role in the act and fight for reduced penalties.
- Driving With a Suspended License. Depending on whether you have prior convictions, this offense can be charged as a felony or misdemeanor, resulting in longer suspensions that prevent you from driving to work or school.
- Possession of Alcohol by a Minor. Florida law enforcement regularly arrests hometown students and visiting spring breakers who are caught with alcohol in their possession. We can argue for minimal sentencing and work to get your record expunged to protect future employment and education opportunities.
A Former State Trooper Defending Your Rights
Since he left the force, Coy Browning has defended numerous clients who have been accused of breaking the law. At Browning Law Firm, we make it our mission to investigate all of the facts of your case, get the charges against you dismissed or reduced, and prevent the incident from negatively impacting your future.
It is our goal to provide:
- Immediate intervention. We want you to know your options and begin preparing your best defense as soon as possible. That is why we provide a free initial consultation to let you know where you stand, relieving as much stress as possible while you await a court date. If your family member has already been arrested, we will go to the jail in order to meet with them and explain their rights.
- Aggressive representation. Our experience working both sides of an arrest gives us unique insight on the inner workings of the systems involved in a criminal case. If we cannot achieve dismissal of charges, we work to negotiate the best possible plea deal, arguing for lesser penalties or probation programs such as pre-trial diversion, pre-trial intervention, or deferred prosecution.
- Criminal record sealing and expungement. Even if your criminal record is sealed, your booking image may still exist on the internet, affecting your career path, loan applications, and other future prospects. We can work to have your criminal record expunged, destroying all evidence of a prior conviction and allowing you to start with a clean slate.
Contact Browning Law Firm Today for a Free Consultation
The sooner you speak with an experienced criminal defense attorney, the better your chances of refuting the charges against you. Browning Law Firm assists defendants in Fort Walton Beach, Destin, Navarre, Crestview, Niceville, and across the Florida Panhandle. If you’ve been arrested on criminal charges, contact us today for your free initial consultation by calling (850) 344-1736 or completing our contact form.