Many Florida residents enjoy riding all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and using them to discover the wilderness, explore trails, and spend time in nature. But while this outdoor activity can provide fun for you and your family, many people are injured on ATVs each year. The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) reports that every hour, four kids in the U.S. go to the emergency room for ATV accident injuries. Additionally, 3,000 were killed in ATV crashes between 1982 and 2015.
If you are injured in an ATV accident in Florida, you likely will need swift medical attention, and there will probably be damage to your property. An experienced ATV accident attorney can help determine liability and fair compensation.
ATV Accident Liability
To obtain compensation after an ATV accident, it’s important to determine who is liable for the accident. Florida law requires all ATV operators to abide by certain rules and regulations when operating their vehicles, so if these are not followed, the operator may be held liable. But other parties could be responsible, including:
- The ATV's manufacturer could be held liable if a malfunctioning vehicle part caused the accident.
- Other drivers may also be held accountable for damages if they were driving or behaving in a negligent manner.
- Property owners of off-road parks or ATV trails may be held responsible if the terrain was poorly maintained or unsafe for riders.
Recovering Damages After an ATV Accident in Florida
An experienced ATV accident lawyer can help work with the at-fault party’s insurance company and determine what you’re owed in damages.. Depending on the severity of your injuries, you could make a financial recovery for the following:
- Medical expenses that were a result of the ATV accident, including emergency transportation costs, physical therapy, and costs for long-term care and rehabilitation
- Lost wages from missed work due to recovery time
- Pain and suffering or emotional distress caused by the accident
- Property damage that was caused by the accident
Contact Us Today
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a Florida ATV accident, contact Browning Law as soon as possible. We will fight to get you the settlement you deserve, and there are never any legal fees unless we win your case. To schedule an appointment, fill out our convenient online contact form, or call our office at (850) CALL-COY.