When families go on vacation in Florida, they like to take in the sights. They go to Disney, water parks and the beach. When college kids go to Florida, it’s for an entirely different reason. They go down for Spring Break with absolutely no intention of going to theme parks. They have one thing in mind and it’s to party. There’s nothing wrong with that. We’ve all been there. It's almost a right of passage. But, what happens when partying goes wrong?

A popular thing to do in Florida is to take a party boat out on the water. They offer a little bit of food and a ton of alcohol. It's supposed to be a safe way for you and your friends to enjoy a few (or more than a few) cocktails without having to drive. The boat goes out a mile or so, and you get a chance to be on the water with a drink in your hand. There’s dancing and mingling. Sadly, there can also be accidents.

If you or a loved one get into a party boat accident in Destin, Florida, you are going to need a personal injury lawyer. Even a minor boat accident can cause significant injuries. This is made even more difficult by the fact that you’re not home. You’re hundreds of miles away, and have no idea what to do.

How Can Destin Personal Injury Lawyers Help?

The first thing you need to do is seek immediate medical help. In party boat accidents, the staff should provide for medical care for all passengers. There is a protocol for how to handle a boating accident. Do not refuse treatment. You need to document your injuries in case you have to file suit later.

If you’re in a party boat accident, you will need to file a claim against the boat owner’s insurance company. You will want to seek the services of a Destin personal injury lawyer to do this. They can make sure your claim is properly filed. They can also negotiate with the insurance company if your claim isn’t paid.

Personal injury lawyers are able to handle your case once you return back home. You are not going to stay in Florida just because you were involved in an accident. You’re going to want to go home to be with your family. You will have to return to normal life. Let your Destin personal injury lawyer handle things back in Florida.

Comparative Negligent May Impact Your Case

One thing to keep in mind is that you may be found partly at fault. We’re not saying you will be found to be at fault for the accident itself. That would be ridiculous. However, depending on your behavior, you may have contributed to your injuries. If you are extremely drunk, there could be a question of whether or not you made your injuries worse.

In Florida, there is something called comparative negligence. This means that if you are partly at fault for your injuries, your settlement will be reduced. For example. If the court finds that you are 30% at fault, your award will be reduced by 30%.

Your personal injury lawyer will argue that you are not at fault. Even if you were extremely drunk, it was the party boat manager’s responsibility to keep their guests safe. Did they overserve you? Should they have stopped serving you alcohol if you were extremely drunk? It can actually hurt the defendant to claim that you were unreasonably drunk!

Contact a Personal Injury Law Firm in Destin, Florida

If you or a family member have been injured in a party boat accident, you need to contact a personal injury law firm in Destin. You are on vacation. You have every intention of going home. You are not going to be in Florida to deal with insurance claims and legal issues. A personal injury law firm in Destin will have your best interests in mind while you return home.

Your case may become complicated. There could be several parties involved in any lawsuit that has to be filed. You may have claims against the following parties:

  • Party boat owner
  • Management company
  • Another boat involved in the accident
  • Tour companies
  • Outside company that served alcohol
  • Manufacturer if the accident was caused by defective design on boat

Your personal injury law firm in Destin will deal with all of these parties. They will determine who you need to sue. They will make sure you receive the compensation you deserve. Call and schedule your free initial consultation today. It can be done by phone if you are out of state. It is absolutely free and you pay nothing until you settle your case!

Be the first to comment!
Post a Comment