More people travel during the holidays than during the rest of the year combined. Millions of people take to the roads and the skies in December. People are visiting friends and family all over the country. There are thousands of extra people on the road. This means that you’re more likely to get into a car accident this time of year.
Depending on the kind of accident you get in, your injuries can be quite serious. If you’re in a truck or motorcycle accident, your injuries will likely land you in the hospital. You may need surgery and long-term physical therapy. This means you’ll be out of work for weeks or even months.
That’s why it’s a good idea to contact an experienced car accident lawyer in Navarre right away. They can handle the legal side of things while you focus on getting better. They’ll also try to negotiate a settlement of your claim.
What Should You Do Immediately After Your Crash?
If you do get into an accident out of state, there are a few things you need to know. You still need to do the same three things after the accident:
• Call the police. They’ll come out and do an investigation of the accident scene. They’ll check to see if either of the drivers are under the influence of drugs or alcohol. They’ll also check to make sure the drivers provide valid insurance and license information. Finally, they’ll provide you with a police report with all of the details of their investigation.
• Seek medical treatment immediately. Even if you’re not familiar with the area, you still need to go to the hospital. The police will arrange for an ambulance if you’re not able to get there on your own. It’s important that your Navarre car accident lawyer have proof that you were hurt. The best way to do this is with your medical records.
• Call an experienced car accident lawyer in Navarre. Even if the accident happens somewhere else, you’re going to want a lawyer from your home state. Although you may have to appear in court out of the State, you’re still going to need a local attorney.
If you follow these guidelines, you’ll give your Navarre car accident lawyer the best chance to get you the compensation you deserve. As long as they have the police report and medical records, you’ll have a good chance at recovery. If you don’t do these basic things, you’re going to make your lawyer’s job a lot harder than it has to be.
What Kind of Injuries Will You Suffer in Your Florida Car Accident?
In order for your Navarre car accident lawyer to get you any type of injuries, you’ll need to prove damages. This means you’re going to need to submit medical records showing what kinds of injuries you’ve suffered.
When you go to the hospital, the emergency room doctors are going to do the necessary tests to determine what your injuries may be. These tests include:
- CT Scan
- Neurological Examination
- Physical Examination
Once these tests are done, your doctors will have a better idea of your medical condition. They may discover that you’re suffered any of the following types of injuries:
• Lacerations – If you hit the windshield, you may end up with scratches and cuts on your face and neck. Or, your seatbelt may cut your shoulders or chest. Usually, these injuries can be treated easily and they’ll heal in no time.
• Broken Bones – While they may sound very serious, broken bones are actually very minor injuries. Unless you break your neck, escaping a Florida car accident with just a broken arm or leg can be a blessing. If treated properly, these injuries will heal just fine.
• Bruises and Contusions – Most people don’t escape a car accident without at least some bumps and bruises. While these may hurt and appear unsightly, they aren’t serious and don’t require hospitalization or surgery.
The good news is, if your injuries are relatively minor, there’s a better chance of your claim being approved. If, however, you suffer more serious injuries, your claim may be denied. Some of the more serious types of car accident injuries in Navarre include:
• Traumatic brain injury
• Spinal cord injury
• Broken neck
• Knee injuries
• Facial disfigurement
• Back injuries
Your Florida car accident lawyer will fight to get you compensation for these injuries.
There is a Chance That Your Car Accident Claim May Be Denied
Even if you suffer actual injuries, there’s always the chance that your claim could be denied. If insurance companies paid out every claim that came across their desks, they’d go out of business in no time.
There are some insurance companies that deny claims that are over a certain amount. Or, if you have a history of filing car accident claims, they may suspect that your claim is fraudulent. However, there are still legitimate reasons why the insurance company would deny your claim. Some of these reasons include:
• The policy isn’t valid or lapsed for non-payment
• The vehicle was not listed on the defendant’s insurance policy
• The insurance adjuster doesn’t believe you were injured
• They believe the accident was your fault
• They think you’re exaggerating your injuries
• You have a history of filing claims
• Your claim is very expensive and they think they can settle for less down the road
If the policy wasn’t valid or had lapsed, there’s nothing your Navarre personal injury lawyer can do to help you. No insurance company is going to pay a claim out on an invalid policy. If this happens to you, the only option may be to file a lawsuit against the defendant personally.
For any of the other reasons, however, your attorney can try to negotiate a settlement with the defendant’s insurance company.
Your Navarre Car Accident Lawyer Will Fight to Get You the Damages You Deserve
If you suffer even minor injuries, you may be entitled to compensation. Your attorney will fight to get you as much money as possible.Your Navarre car accident attorney is going to demand the following when it comes to damages:
• Medical Bills: You’ll be entitled to compensation for any medical bills you accrue as a result of the accident. This includes things like ambulance ride bills, prescription medications and copays. It also includes future medical bills. Your doctor can testify as to what kind of treatment you’ll need in the future. This will be included in your demand for damages.
• Lost Wages: If your injuries are serious, you’ll be out of work for a while. Your Navarre injury lawyer will demand that you be compensated for any lost time. They can prove this using time sheets and payroll records.
• Property Damage: Obviously, if your vehicle or motorcycle are damaged in the crash, you can demand money to cover the repairs. The same is true if your bike is totaled. Whatever you have to pay to get a replacement vehicle you can include in your lawsuit.
• Pain and Suffering: If you’re hurt bad, you will experience a lot of pain and suffering. You can demand that you be compensated for this as well. For example, if you can no longer play sports because of your injury, this would be included in pain and suffering. So are damages for the physical and mental anguish caused by the crash.
Your Navarre accident lawyer is going to fight to get you as much money as possible. But, in order to do so, they’ll need to prove your damages.
Contact an Experienced Car accident Lawyer in Navarre, Florida
If you or your loved one are injured in any sort of accident, you’re going to be angry. The first thing you need to do is make sure you’re okay. Get the medical treatment you need before you worry about suing anyone. However, once you know you’re okay, you need to contact an experienced car accident lawyer in Navarre, Florida.
Your attorney will negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf. They’ll also prepare your case in the event that your claim isn’t paid by the insurance company. They’ll also gather the evidence necessary to prove the defendant was at fault. Just be patient as it could take a few months longer than you may expect.
Call today and schedule your initial consultation. It’s absolutely free and you pay nothing until you win or settle your case. The defendant is going to have a team of lawyers working for them. You need to have a skilled car accident attorney working for you too. You shouldn’t be left holding the bag if the accident wasn’t your fault. The defendant needs to be held responsible for their reckless and negligent behavior. Your Navarre injury attorney will make sure that happens.