If you or a loved one suffered a spinal cord injury in an accident, you will need an experienced lawyer who can help with your case and protect your legal rights. A spinal cord injury is serious and can affect the rest of your life. You may be faced with expensive medical bills and may have long-term physical problems. A spinal cord injury attorney can help settle your case and get you the compensation you deserve to protect your future.
How an Attorney Can Help
After an accident that results in a spinal cord injury, you may be uncertain about what to do next. Before settling your case with an insurance company, you should contact an attorney. An insurance company will want to settle quickly and for the least amount of money possible. A lawyer understands the bills and potential long-term medical issues involved with a spinal injury and can help get a settlement that covers your needs.
Living with a spinal cord injury can be costly. Some future expenses involved with a spinal cord injury may include:
- Medical equipment
- Additional surgeries and hospitalizations
- Doctor visits
- Physical and occupational therapy
- In-home care
- Modifications to your house
There are many ways a spinal cord injury lawyer can help with your case, including:
- Investigating and collecting evidence for your case to determine liability and cause
- Talking to the insurance adjusters and companies involved with your case
- Enlisting the help of expert witnesses, if needed, to prove that your injury was the result of an accident
- Calculating the cost of living with a spinal cord injury to help determine a fair settlement
Since you only have one chance to settle your case, you want to make sure it is handled in the best way possible. You will not be able to receive additional compensation for any future expenses or damages once your case is settled. The only way to ensure that you are getting fair compensation is to use an experienced attorney.
Contact a Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer
Don’t wait to talk to a lawyer. If you or a loved one suffered a spinal cord injury due to an accident, contact Browning Law Firm for legal advice. To set up a free, no obligation consultation, fill out our online contact form, or call us today.