Suffering a spinal cord injury can permanently alter a person’s life. This devastating type of injury can affect your ability to work, live independently, have a relationship, or participate in daily life activities. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center (NSCISC), there are approximately 294,000 people in the United States living with a spinal cord injury. While vehicle accidents are the most common cause of spinal cord injuries, these injuries can also happen in a slip and fall, from a gunshot wound, and in a sports-related accident. Our experienced spinal cord injury attorney can help you recover damages after a Florida spinal cord injury accident.
Possible Compensation for a Florida Spinal Cord Injury
Spinal cord injuries can lead to serious complications that require ongoing medical care and treatment. Since a person may not be able to work or earn a living, the financial strain of a spinal cord injury can be overwhelming. If another party is found negligent, you may be entitled to the following damages as part of your settlement:
- Medical expenses, including past and future medical care
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Loss of income
- Loss of future earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disability
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Loss of consortium
Why You Need to Hire a Florida Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer
While you don’t need a personal injury attorney to file a claim for your spinal cord injury, there are many benefits to having legal representation. Not only can an attorney assess how your injury will affect your life now, but they can determine the financial costs in the future.
Other Benefits of Hiring a Florida Spinal Cord Injury Attorney
- A personal injury attorney can investigate your accident to determine fault, identify the defendant(s), and collect evidence to show negligence.
- A personal injury attorney can fight for fair compensation, especially if the insurance companies offer a low-ball settlement.
- A personal injury attorney can hire qualified experts to help determine your financial and medical needs now and in the future.
- A personal injury attorney will help fill out all required paperwork, help write the insurance demand letter, and ensure you meet the deadlines for filing your claim.
- A personal injury attorney shows the insurance company you’ll go to trial if necessary to settle your case.
If you or a loved one suffered a spinal injury in a Florida accident, contact Browning Law Firm as soon as possible for a free, no-obligation consultation. We can help you recover fair compensation, and there are never any legal fees unless we win your case. To schedule an appointment, fill out our online contact form, or call us at 850-344-1736.