Suffering from a brain injury is often a life-changing event. This type of injury can result in hospitalizations, a long-term disability, and even death. If your injury occurred because of someone else’s negligence—perhaps in a slip and fall or in a car accident with a drunk driver—it’s especially important to contact a personal injury attorney. They can help you get the damages you deserve to pay for expensive medical bills and compensate your family for emotional pain and suffering.
How a Brain Injury Lawyer Can Help
There are many benefits to having a brain injury attorney, and it’s helpful to contact one as soon as possible after your accident. An attorney can:
- Gather evidence for your case. Because traumatic brain injury cases can be very complex, irrefutable and undeniable evidence is critical to be successful. A brain injury lawyer will gather evidence that shows how your injury impacted your health, personal life, career, and happiness.
- Communicate with the insurance companies. A personal injury attorney will handle all communication with the at-fault insurance company and your insurance company. Your attorney will work to process your claim quickly but will ensure that you receive the maximum settlement you deserve.
A Lawyer Can Help You Recover Maximum Damages
In many cases, placing a value on a brain injury claim requires help from witnesses, including medical professionals and other specialists. These experts can provide information on how a brain injury can lead to a lifetime of medical care in addition to reduced capacity for making a living and enjoying life. An attorney can help determine a fair recovery, which can include damages for the following:
- Costs for medical treatment, including occupational therapy and other rehabilitation services in the future
- Loss of wages and earning potential
- Loss of companionship or consortium
- Pain and suffering
A Brain Injury Lawyer Can Protect Your Rights
If you or a loved one suffered a brain injury in an accident, an experienced attorney can handle the claim on your behalf and help ensure you get the maximum amount of compensation. Contact Browning Law Firm to help protect your right to a full recovery after a brain injury.