If you have been injured in a rideshare accident, it can be complicated trying to determine who is responsible for your injuries. There are often numerous parties involved other than the driver. A knowledgeable attorney can help determine liability and get you compensation for damages you incurred as a result of the incident.
Liable Rideshare Parties
In many accidents involving a rideshare, the driver may be the obvious party to blame. However, there are many other at-fault parties that may have contributed to the accident. Some parties that can be held liable include:
- The rideshare driver
- Other vehicle drivers involved in the accident
- The rideshare company
- The mechanic who serviced the car
- The car manufacturer of the rideshare vehicle
Your attorney will help determine who is liable for the accident by doing the following:
- Conducting a full investigation. When your attorney investigates the accident, they will gather all the evidence related to the crash, including photos, depositions, interrogatories, and all necessary documentation.
- Determining the value of your case. An attorney will calculate any loss of income, medical expenses related to the accident, and any lost future earnings. These items will help determine a fair value for your case.
- Negotiating. An attorney will deal with the insurance companies and help negotiate your case. Attorneys are more experienced to negotiate on your behalf and get you the compensation you deserve.
- Protecting your rights. If your case needs to be heard in court, an attorney will protect your rights and help get the best outcome for your case.
Contact a Florida Attorney
As a former State Trooper, Attorney Coy Browning understands the kinds of mistakes rideshare drivers and companies make that can put their passengers at risk. If you have been in a rideshare accident, contact Browning Law Firm. There are never any legal fees unless you receive compensation for your case. To set up a free, no obligation consultation, fill out our convenient online Contact form, or call our office.