If you’re involved in any sort of accident, you’re probably going to suffer some injuries. Even if your injuries are minor, you’re going to suffer damages. An experienced personal injury lawyer in Navarre can get you compensation for your injuries. But they can also help you in many other ways.
Yes, the most important thing in your personal injury case is that you get paid. However, there are things an experienced injury lawyer in Florida will do long before you get to the point of settling your case. They’ll be with you every step of the way – from filing your insurance claim to going to trial.
There are lots of things your lawyer will do to help you along the way. There is too much at stake to try to handle it yourself. Especially since it costs nothing to retain an experienced personal injury lawyer in Navarre, Florida.
You Can Focus on Getting Better While Your Lawyer Handles the Legal Side of Things
Regardless of how serious your injuries are, you’ll need to focus on getting better. You may need to get surgery. You could be in the hospital for days. The last thing you’re going to want to do is deal with an insurance company. This is where your personal injury lawyer from Florida comes into the picture.
Your attorney will make sure your insurance claim is filed properly and on time. They’ll also negotiate with the insurance adjuster to try to get your claim paid. If your claim is denied, your attorney will have no choice but to file a lawsuit on your behalf. While this is being done, you can focus on getting better and getting the medical care that you need.
Your Navarre Injury Lawyer Will Negotiate with the Insurance Adjuster
As mentioned above, if your insurance claim is denied, your lawyer will reach out to them. Your claim can be denied for any number of reasons, including:
• The policy isn’t valid or lapsed for non-payment
• The vehicle was not listed on the defendant’s insurance policy
• The insurance adjuster doesn’t believe you were injured
• They believe the accident was your fault
• They think you’re exaggerating your injuries
• You have a history of filing claims
• Your claim is very expensive and they think they can settle for less down the road
If your claim is denied because the policy isn’t valid, there's nothing your Navarre injury lawyer can do to help. No company is going to pay out a claim on an invalid policy. But for any of the other reasons, your lawyer can appeal your claim. They’ll also try to negotiate a settlement of your claim.
Injury Lawyers in Florida are Familiar with the Court System
It may seem easy to file a lawsuit. That isn’t true. There are certain forms you need to use. You also have to make sure you send certain copies to certain parties. If you do something as slight as mail the wrong copy to the defendant, your case can be dismissed. It’s important that you follow all of the court rules when you file your lawsuit in Florida.
The good news is that your Navarre personal injury lawyer knows the court rules. They’ll make sure your claim is filed on the right form. They’ll also make sure you pay the right filing fee. They’ll ensure that the defendant or their attorney get the paperwork that they are required to receive. This way, you don’t have to worry about your claim being dismissed months down the road.
The Defendant’s Attorney Will Take You More Seriously
It may not seem fair but if the insurance adjuster knows you don’t have a lawyer, they’ll try to take advantage of you. They won’t return your calls and emails as quickly as they should. They may offer you a lowball settlement hoping you’ll take it. If they think you’re desperate for cash, they’re not going to offer you what your claim is worth.
Once the insurance adjuster finds out you are represented by a Navarre personal injury attorney, they’ll change their tune. They know that can’t take advantage of your lawyer. Your attorney will make sure you don’t accept a settlement that’s too low. They’ll also make sure you don’t sign a settlement release, waiving your right to sue.
They Understand What Types of Damages You May Be Entitled To
You may be entitled to damages if your injuries are serious enough. Your Navarre personal injury attorney is going to demand that you be compensated for your injuries.
If you do suffer serious injuries, you’ll be entitled to damages. These damages include the following:
• Medical Bills: You’ll be entitled to compensation for any medical bills you accrue as a result of your injuries.
• Lost Wages: If your injuries are serious, you’ll be out of work for a while. Your Florida injury lawyer will demand that you be compensated for any lost time.
• Property Damage: Obviously, if you have personal property damaged in the accident, you can demand money to cover the repairs or replacement of this property.
• Pain and Suffering: If you’re hurt bad, you will experience a lot of pain and suffering. You can demand that you be compensated for this as well.
Your car accident lawyer in Navarre, Florida will negotiate to get you as much money as possible.
Your Navarre Personal Injury Lawyer Knows How to Gather Evidence
If you’re involved in a car accident in Navarre, Florida, your attorney will need the police report to prove your case. This is the most important piece of evidence your lawyer will need. Some of the information provided in the police report include:
This information is going to be put into the police report. Some of this includes:
• The name and contact information for the drivers
• License and insurance information for both drivers
• A description of the accident scene and road conditions
• Notations about any tickets issued at the scene
• Pictures and videos of the accident scene
• Description of the damage caused to the vehicles
• Contact information for any witnesses
• Statements from the drivers and the witnesses
While your attorney may be able to get some of this information on their own, it’s going to be expensive and time consuming. They may not be able to get it at all. After all, if you don’t find out who the witnesses are at the scene, you’ll have no way of finding out later. The same is true for DUI. Once the accident scene clears, there’s no way to find out if the other driver was drunk or high at the time of the crash.
Your Attorney Knows How to Prove Pain and Suffering
If you’re seriously injured in your accident, you may be entitled to pain and suffering. These damages are intended to compensate you for the physical and mental anguish caused by the accident. For people who suffer serious injuries, the pain and suffering may be quite severe. Your personal injury lawyer in Florida will have to prove these damages.
Some of the things your attorney will argue to prove your pain and suffering include:
• You can no longer work
• You will be in physical pain for the rest of your life
• You can no longer do normal things like drive, ride a bike or exercise
• You can’t pick up your children or enjoy time with your family
• You're experiencing anxiety as a result of your injury
• You can no longer enjoy the same kind of social life that you did before the accident
The insurance company knows that a jury is apt to award pain and suffering. This is especially true if your injuries are serious. Rather than take that risk, they’ll be more likely to settle. Your attorney will incorporate your demand for pain and suffering into your settlement. In fact, these damages may make up the lion’s share of your settlement award.
Contact an Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer Today
If you or your loved one are injured this holiday season, you need to contact an experienced personal injury lawyer in Navarre, Florida. They'll review your case and let you know if you have a case. They can also give you an idea of what your case might be worth.
Call today and schedule your initial consultation. The consultation is absolutely free and you pay nothing until you settle your case.
We want you to enjoy the upcoming holidays. However, if something does happen, It's good to know that there are skilled attorneys here to help. The defendant will have a whole team of lawyers there to help them. You don’t want to try to handle something like this on your own. There’s too much at a risk to try to go up against a large company by yourself. Let an experienced personal injury attorney from Navarre help.