What to Do After a Rear-End Truck Crash
Rear-end crashes are the most common type of collision and account for approximately one-third of all injury accidents. Over 500,000 people are injured each year due to rear-end accidents, and nearly 75% of all passenger vehicle fatalities include a large truck.
When You’re Rear-Ended by a Truck in Florida
- Call 911. Call law enforcement and report the accident. Be sure to obtain a copy of the police report, so it can be used as evidence in your case.
- Seek immediate medical attention. You should seek medical attention immediately following the crash since rear-end truck accidents can cause serious injuries.
- Avoid negotiating with the insurance company. You will most likely be contacted by an insurance adjuster soon after the accident. You should avoid talking to insurers who may attempt to offer you less than what your claim is worth and can use anything you say against your case.
- Contact a Florida truck accident lawyer. Contact Browning Law as soon as possible. We can evaluate your case and determine fair compensation.
Benefits of Using a Lawyer
A truck that back-ends a vehicle is typically responsible for the crash. However, you still need a lawyer to help with your case. An experienced truck accident lawyer understands the complex laws of the trucking industry and can go up against big truck insurance companies to get you the compensation you deserve.
How a Lawyer Helps Ensure Your Fair Settlement
- Determine which of possible multiple defendants to hold liable.
- Gather evidence to support your claim, including police and medical reports, witness testimony, and photos from the accident scene to determine the cause of the collision and what events led to the crash.
- Calculate the value of your claim and determine what damages you are entitled to recover. These may include medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, and out-of-pocket expenses.
- Negotiate with the insurance companies and fight to get you the settlement you deserve. A lawyer will represent you in court if the insurance company does not settle.
Contact Our Florida Truck Accident Lawyer
If you were injured in a rear-end truck accident in Florida, contact Browning Law Firm as soon as possible for a free, no-obligation consultation. We can help you navigate the legal process and help ensure you obtain fair compensation. There are never any legal fees unless we win your case. To schedule an appointment, fill out our online contact form, or call us at 850-344-1736.