Frequently Asked Questions About Rideshare Accidents
- Page 1
Do I need an attorney after an Uber or Lyft accident?
You may have been in a minor car accident before, and you may have handled the insurance claim on your own. However, as a passenger who was injured in an Uber or Lyft crash, you should not attempt to handle a claim for compensation on your own. If you are seeking damages from a rideshare company for injuries sustained in a Northwest Florida crash caused by their driver, you should absolutely hire a lawyer to represent you.
What a Lawyer Will Do for You
You cannot trust Uber or Lyft to pay you what you are owed when their driver was at fault for a crash. Even though they have insurance to cover these claims, they will fight to pay you as little as possible.
To get the full compensation you deserve, you will have to prove that your driver’s negligence or carelessness caused the crash. This is not an easy task, but a Florida personal injury lawyer working on your behalf will do the following for you:
- Conduct a full investigation. An experienced car accident attorney has experts he can call to investigate how the crash happened and gather evidence of the driver’s negligence.
- Determine the fair value of your case. Your past, current, and future medical costs, as well as your lost wages and lost future earning capacity, will all be calculated to determine the full value of your claim.
- Negotiate with the right insurance companies. Your attorney will be in a much stronger position to deal with the insurance companies for the driver and for the rideshare company than you are as an individual.
- Protect your rights in court. If your case ends up going to trial, your attorney will be prepared to provide evidence of the driver’s negligence and argue your right to full compensation.
Because Browning Law Firm offers free initial consultations and takes cases on a contingency fee basis, you are not risking anything when you contact our team to discuss your rideshare accident. We don’t get paid unless we win your case, so you know we will work hard for you. The real risk is in trying to handle a rideshare accident case on your own.
Contact Us to Discuss Your Case
Browning Law Firm has reached multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements for auto accident victims throughout Florida. Not only do we provide exceptional legal counsel when it comes to rideshare accidents, but we also update clients regularly on the status of their claims, allowing them the time and peace they need to heal. If you live in Fort Walton Beach, Destin, Navarre, Crestview, or Niceville, and were injured in an Uber or Lyft crash, call us today to discuss your case.
- Florida Uber and Lyft Safety Tips You Need to Know
- What to Do If You've Been Injured in an Uber Accident