A Florida Attorney Answers Your Auto Accident Injury Questions

If you have a question about recovery after an auto accident, we’ve probably heard it before. In fact, we’ve compiled the common questions and answers about car, truck, and bike crashes on our searchable FAQ page. Browse through our answers before you file your injury claim!

  • Page 2
  • How much do you charge for your services?

    There is no charge to speak with Coy H. Browning about your case. This gives you the opportunity to meet with Mr. Browning and determine if he is the best qualified attorney to represent your case, with no commitment whatsoever. If you then decide to hire Mr. Browning, he is usually retained on a one-third contingency fee basis. This means that you pay nothing unless you receive a monetary award. If you do receive an award, one-third is paid to cover your attorney fees. With Coy H. Browning, that percentage may vary depending on the nature of the case.

  • How soon after an accident should I contact an attorney?

    The sooner you contact an attorney the better. When an attorney is contacted, he or she can begin the important work that is involved in representing your case. This work includes investigating and preserving evidence, ensuring you receive appropriate medical care, and helping you avoid the many pitfalls of dealing with an insurance company on your own. Attorneys work to protect your rights. If you are in need of a lawyer, it is imperative that you contact Coy H. Browning as soon as possible to discuss your case and prevent your rights from being compromised.

  • How should I choose my attorney?

    It is the opinion of Coy H. Browning that the three most important criteria in choosing your attorney should be: experience, competence, and the comfort level you feel with your lawyer. This comfort will likely come only after you meet with a lawyer and speak with them about your case in depth. With the many attorneys that are advertising today, the question of who to hire can be overwhelming. That is why Mr. Browning tries to personally meet with each prospective new client from the very first contact, so that he is able to clearly present his thoughts on your case and explain how his legal experience can help you in your time of need.

  • Do I have a case if my memory conflicts with what I said at the time of the accident?

    After victims have had time to reflect on the circumstances surrounding their motor vehicle accident and recover from their initial shock, it is very common for witnesses to recall the incident differently. Things happen very quickly after an accident, and witnesses can misunderstand what is said by the victim. If you now remember your motor vehicle accident differently than you did immediately after your accident, Coy H. Browning can research your accident and find support that will back up your statements or show how common miscommunications are under extraordinary circumstances.

  • Will I have to go to court to obtain compensation for my accident?

    If the at-fault driver’s insurance company agrees to pay the amount your attorney believes to be appropriate compensation for your injuries, and you agree on that amount as well, then the case will be settled out of court. This happens in most situations. If the other driver’s insurance company offers compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering that you and your attorney believe is insufficient, the case will not be settled. If this happens, Browning Law Firm will dedicate themselves to fighting for you in court.

  • Can I be held responsible if I was rear-ended?

    When another driver rear-ends your vehicle, they are virtually always held responsible. The rules of the road state that a driver should be able to stop safely if the car in front of them is forced to stop for any reason. When you come to a stop and the driver behind you rear-ends your vehicle, this means that the driver was either careless and was not paying attention to the road or was following too closely. If you are injured in this type of accident, Browning Law Firm will fight to see that you receive the compensation you deserve.

  • What can I recover?

    If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident of any kind, you may be entitled to compensation based on a number of different factors. The specific answer to this question, however, depends on factors particular to your case. If you’ve been injured through someone else’s negligence, Browning Law Firm may be able to help you obtain compensation for past and future medical bills and lost wages, as well as pain and suffering. If you are entitled to compensation under the law, we will fight to make certain that you receive the compensation you deserve so that you can concentrate on your recovery.